Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Indian Summer! Someone stole my Obama sign...Any good pear recipes?


Tree1108

Congrats to the Obama camp and condolences to the McCain camp. McCain put up a tough close fight.


I noticed this morning that my Obama sign was missing from the end of the driveway. I cannot remember the last time I saw it. I think it might have been stolen a couple nights ago. The Firebird had seen lights at the road late at night earlier in the week, so that might have been when it was taken.


Actually I expected it to be stolen right after I put it up. I am suprised it stayed put so long.


Indian Summer is here! Today it is even warmer-trying to bust the 70F mark. We have had a below normal last couple of months. I think it might be related to the huge Arctic Ice melt from this summer. A lot more moisture in the air and clouds that cover the sun makes a cool fall.


Lastly, any clever recipes for pears? I have quite the box full. :)

3 comments:

Velvet Ginger said...

I used to help my mom can peaches & pears but I am not sure of any recipes. You make Pear Butter just like Apple Butter if that helps?
Yummm about that anyway.
I also think both sides did a great job, both good men!

Tonia said...

Our Indian Summer is ending tonight!! It has been in the 70's all week since last Saturday. Alomos t80 one day and now its dropping and we have a storm headed this way! I havent got any recipes for paears they never last long enough here for use to make anything!

tree ocean said...

Mmm pear butter!