Monday, November 17, 2008

Barack, Barack, Barack

Please excuse my constant misspelling of the president-elect's first name. I am not usually a phoenetic speller, but to me the spelling Barack screams the pronunciation Ba-Rack, when it is pronounced Ba-Rock. Spelled with two A's, my brain insists that the c be dropped, to read, Ba-Rak.

Ok, ok, it's Barack. I will probably do it again. Occasionally I run into these sort of spelling traps-some continue to haunt me.

names are especially embarrassing. Thank goodness mine is spelled like it sounds-at least when it is pronounced correctly. Over the phone I say it and then just start spelling it automatically. I learned to spell my last name by age three because I heard my mother spell it over the phone so often. LOL.

*walks off chanting, B*A*R*A*C*K* **

1 comment:

Wood Mouse said...

Have you started campaigning for 2012?