Friday, August 8, 2008

more rain

Well, I don't like to complain about rain. But it poured this morning. Not a zillion bucket flood, more just a steady downpour that caused me to pull morning goat chores solo and take an experimental track.

Usually every goat gets collared and grained separately, outside, but I couldn't force the goats to stand outside for their grain, so I fed en masse. I put most of the grain in a large tub, but only Sir Nicholas braved the rain, so I was forced to move that into the larger goat house. I had two other tubs I set for the rest, under cover, and then scattered shavings and hay for them.

The houses are a mess-a trip to the grain store this afternoon included a bag of shavings for a total clean out in the near.

I ventured back over to the pond and discovered that someone had groomed the short trail that runs from the boat landing to the point, along with the alders at the boat launch. It was a very good job. I suppose the oldest son of the now deceased landowner must have done the job-I don't think his wife is too concerned about that end of their property.

The rain has now stopped but everything is saturated. Temps did fall the last few days to the cold and wet I predicted-running in the low to mid 60's (F). Things might dry out for a bit, but more rain through the weekend.

*sigh*, I would love a few more sunny 80's before school starts and autumn comes knocking....but, at least I am sitting here barefoot. :D

No comments: