Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Newton Faulkner

Ok, it's official, I am hooked on Newton Faulkner.
After my possible encounter of the Newton kind-hold the figs-I looked him up on You Tube. Now, you have to understand that I am on dialup, so most video is out of the question, as I can't stand to watch stuff in 2 second bursts. My short term memory just cannot string all those bits together.

However, I discovered that with the you tube format, there is a dialup solution. It does not work with most other formats, but with you tube it does. If I hover my cursor over the play button and click it during one of those two seconds bursts, it pauses the video. Then I walk away. For a very, very long time. Hahahah. If I have waited long enough, when I return and hit play, I get the whole thing in one go. I can even replay it. Once I change pages, I am back to square one. Hard to believe for those of you with high speed internet, I know. You lucky people!

At any rate, when I searched Newton Faulkner, a particular video caught my eye. "One man does Bohemian Rhapsody-Newton Faulkner Live". No way! My oldest actually gave me Night at the Opera by Queen (the original vinyl recording, which includes Bo-Rhap) for Mother's Day. Because he knew that was the first album I ever owned, in the year it came out, and I was hooked. I dissected the entire album-keyboards, guitar, vocals. One album led to another. A Queen fan? Yes, I was, RIP Freddie. :(

I saw Queen live three times. Brian May is my favorite guitarist ever-and Freddie was something to see and hear, as well. I had to see "one man does Bohemian Rhapsody," by Newton Faulkner. As a well qualified critic of any Queen covers, this is superb!!! I love it!!!

The saplings gathered in glee while I sang along with Newton-and I am not an accomplished singer, but there I was at all the "Gallileos, and mamas, and let me go's..." We watched together three times. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_k8_HSA1-o

Then I noticed that there was another interesting one -Newton singing, "Sponge Bob Square Pants"-a beloved cartoon character of the kids. I have even laughed at Sponge Bob, but am not really into him. Well, Newton was hysterical! We had to replay it several times. Poor sponge impaled on the headstock... what a screech! Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlCdbaLaQoM

I may have to get a satellite dish if this keeps up. ;)

No comments: