Thursday, August 21, 2008

All NIghter 808


Tree


Yeah, I made it to six thirty am! Nice to know I still have it in me! And solo....


Willow has been after me to set up the Rhodes. It's a Fender Rhodes Stage piano-I bought second hand tweny years ago from a friend's hubby who was a keyboard player in a band-and it bears the scars of many second-floor gigs.


The thing is unbelieveably heavy! By the time I reaaranged things enough downstairs to accomodate it, and opened it up to set up the legs...I fogot how tricky it is for me to pick it u p. I am always afraid I will warp the legs, but I did manage.


Then I proceeded to sort through my inherited and collected odd bit of prints and oil paintings, and was cleaning and hanging art when the roosters started to call at three thirty this am. The all night cleaning /reorganizing marathon led to hand rubbing Murphey's Oil soap into all the overhead rafters-rough cut 2X8'12's -and very high ceilings.


I spent the afternoon leaping from ladder to sink to table-and yes, to the top of the Rhodes-to get every last cobweb and dust bunnie.


Anything to avoid the tool corner. :-

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I might still have it in me to do an all nighter but it wears me out for DAYS!!!! LOL