Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Climate Summit Copenhagen

I have expressed my opinion on climate change quite a bit on this blog.I recently told my kids that the world they see in their lifetime will be a changing one. They will be living through climate change.

My view on the recent summit in Copenhagen has me mentally creating an analogy. I keep seeing the scene during The Fellowship of the Ring where different representatives are yelling and arguing and disagreeing about what the future of the Ring should be. The Ring being analogous to climate change.

But alas, we have no Frodo to step forth and say, "I will take it. I will take the Ring to Mordor."

Instead we have Hugo Chavez, who quite aptly assesses the fiasco when he addressed the assembly and said, ""If the climate was a bank, a capitalist bank, they would have saved it."

No comments: