Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Peko


Tree1008

Here is a pic of Peko after his retrieve time with the Firebird.


Peko, as my regular reader will recall, is a rescue dog. He spent at least a month of glorious summer at the local animal shelter before being adopted by us. The dog manager commmented that he would make a great agility dog after seeing our interaction.


Peko is partial to tennis balls. We happen to have a tennisball type soccer ball that Peko has taken a shine to-and he is a great soccer player! The ball has just enough slack that Peko can pick it up in his teeth and run it to the goal.


I recently laid a nice oriental rug down in the kitchen for warmth, and enjoy soccerring tennisballs to the dog while cooking supper.
I had to interrupt this post to help the Firebird coop the chickens for the night. One of the white roosters had gotten in with old King and there was some emergency. Pulling on my shoes, I let Peko out. Directing the Firebird to shoo away the white rooster, and acting as a block, we then utilized Peko with a sit stay and go get em to help drive the rooster to the coop.
Peko, being half lab, was thrilled to be included with bird driving. An exciting evening for this slow world. :D


2 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

Peko looks eNORmous!!!!

Tonia said...

Being half lab I am sure that just made his day!!! LOL Its like YES I got to chase a bird!!! I had labs for a long time and that was some fo their favorite things to do.. One female I had would run to my parents grab chicken or guinea and bring it back to me!!! Or bury it by the front porch and I wouldnt find out till it was starting to stink..lol