Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ramblings again

The saplings started school this week. I made sure to walk Peko down to the bus so he could see the kids get on and realize they were not going to be home. The first two days he strained on the leash to stand on his back legs while they entered the bus, and then after the bus pulled away, he cast about the end of the drive and into the woods, looking for them.

He seemed to think they had teleported nearby and could not understand where they had gone. By the second day, his ears perked up in the afternoon when the other town's bus went by earlier.

Today he seemed to understand that they left on the bus. He is very glad to see them come home again!

I have been doing the morning chores solo and leaving him in the house while I grain and hay the goats. I am just too worried about having the goats tied and then freaking out over the dog. So I listen to Peko bark, and howl, while I am doing the goats. I think it is because he can see me from the window.

Yesterday I had some chores to run, including dropping the chainsaw off for maintenence. I took Peko with me. The only place he barked was at the grain store. I had a bit of a dilemma because the grain goes in the back, but I didn't want him to jump out of the car. So my grain dealer said she would load and I could restrain the dog.

This has been a regular stop for him, and she always gives him a few dog biscuits. Well, after she put the first sack of grain in the back, he just leaned over the back seat waggin his tail, and she handed him his biscuits and said, "That is what he was looking for!!"

I replied, "N, you must be friends with all your client's dogs!"

She admitted she has a lot of friends. LOL

I haven't left the dog home alone YET. I am pretty sure now he wont go through a window *knocks on wood*, but I am not too sure how he will be with one of the cats, Ruby. She likes to attack him, and he doesn't like it too much. This morning she attacked him and then was staring at him, and he growled at her. Othertimes they sleep on the bed together, but Ruby is a moody little thing.

I have been asked by the farm to do some fence work, and I claimed this week off. I am not too sure what to do with the dog while I am working though. Boss said I could bring him with and put him in the goat pen, but I am pretty sure he could clear a four foot fence. I guess what I will do is leave him at home.

I dropped a CD of pix off for developing last week, and called today and they said it was $90.00!!!!!!! WHAT!?!?!?! Ifeel like a total idiot, as I could have used that 90 in many other ways!!!! So I guess I have no choice but to put in some time at the farm to pay for my photo madness.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

$90 to develope pics Thats crazy!! that would almost buy a printer!