Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunny Sunday

What a beautiful day! The saplings and I walked Peko over to the pond late morning, and they started clamouring for a swim. Why not? We went home and changed and went back for a dip. They went in pretty slowly, splashing each other and shrieking, but the sun was hot, and by the time the first set of kayakers put in, I was ready for a dip myself.

Brr! I jumped up on the boogie board pretty quick! Wasn't so cold with just my legs dangling in the water. Then I found out I could do the butterfly and keep my balance on the board-watch out Mr. Phelps! LOL. I butterflied my way right out of that cold water!

Willow wanted to go fishing later, and she didn't even get a bite! We even tried off the point, when a boater with a dog that had been out all weekend was putting in. I didn't want to risk a dog fight with his dog loose and Peko on a leash, so we went down the path for a few casts til he left.

I spoke with a mother-daughter canoer team that put in when we were swimming earlier, and she had said the fishing wasn't great for her today-she landed three in five hours, so I guess I won't feel badly that Willow was skunked.

There were 6 vehicles parked on the road at the pond today. When I went in for my swim as the kayakers were heading out, they were the only ones I could see on the water, and they were soon out of sight. That is one of the cool things about the pond, how it meanders around points and islands, so there is plenty of room for privacy.

The whole week is supposed to be terrific weather; the only rain forecast is for tomorrow night. I am so happy we will have another good week of weather before school starts in the beginning of September!

No comments: