Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Racism

Imagine my shock and horror when I opened an email from a friend today that was a FW-which I rarely open, except this one said something like, "you won't believe this guy", or "check out this guy," and since it was bright and early, before-caffeine-kicks-in, animalistic mode, I fell for it. ;)

Thoughts of some incredibly hot guy pics, or feats, or some stupid guy story (yes, they are out there), quickly vanished when I clicked on it and scrolled down through a very lengthy list of where the email had been.

It was an incredibly racist, prejudice attack on Barack Obama, with Biblical analogies. I don't care to repost any of it here to give it further energy, but I was stunned.

I was going to forward it on to the Obama campaign, but I am too impatient for their lengthy page to load, and think they are already aware of this. I think I remember reading something about it a few months ago, but the idea that anyone would continue to circulate it is frightening.

The email obviously had Christian right wing origins. I always get confused as to how anyone that bothered to read the teachings of Christ could be so racist and bigoted. *shudders*

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Hi Its tonia from 360! I am FInally back online and I am starting a blog on here. It seems to work fairly easy and Since I will be getting DSL It wont be a problem to load a page like it use to be! I am on dial up till I receive my Modem next week. Anyways this blog caught my eye as I was reading. I am against any racism period and I think the email you are talking about mey have found its way into my inbox. I was totally disgusted by it. If you follow bibical priniciples the way it says in the bible them Racism is as much a sin as lying. Unfortunately people like to use some parts of the Bible and fill in what they want to on others. It truly disappoints me when I receive something like that from someone that is suppose to be a christian...It makes me cringe and I hope they realize the damage they do when they send that Crap on! But some go on Blissfully unaware believing everything they get in their inbox.. Its a sad shame