Friday, August 22, 2008

Margined Burying Beetle



(Nicrophorus marginatus)
Tree
The day started out groggy and long-yes, Tonia, those all nighters come with a pay-back! ;)
And with the site of this little fellow-no putting off a trip to the dump today!

Although quite charming with the series of little hearts, this fellow is a carrion beetle-yuck!

Should have taken it as an omen for things to come-one of the stops was a check at the Post Office, to find every bill due, of course, and a mysterious letter from an out of state company. The letter was a financial offer to buy something I own, and I spent the next two hours running errands fantasizing about all the ways I would spend the money. I must be ready for heaven, because the only thing I really wanted was more land and a new vehicle-I could even smell the new car smell...but new cars as well for several friends, and that horse Willow has been asking for...and so on.

I thought it couldn't get any better when we arrived at the last stop, the lumber company, and found out that it was customer appreciation day, and did we want an ice cold soda or hamburger or hot dog??? OMG!!! LOL That was the best tasting lunch EVER!! sitting under the deck on the front stoop of the lumber yard!

Of course, fortune has a nasty way of turning, and upon arriving home, a closer examination of the letter showed I am obviously suffering some form of dementia, as I added an extra zero to the final figure...hahahah and then another sign was losing the phone number three or four times to verify that in fact it was a terrible offer. Additionally, the clerk doing all this free research and returning out of state calls led me to believe I might have a case requiring a lawyer on a whole other aspect independent of the initial letter.

Oh boy, out of state lawyers. I might have to pass on that one, and just count myself out the long distance phone bill for today only. LOL. So riches back to rags in three hours-next time I find one of these in the morning I am squishing it!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Free food almost ALWAYS taste better then anything you buy!! LOL Just because you didnt have to cook it! Oh the visions of what you would do if you had X amount of dollars!!LOL