Tuesday, July 8, 2008

catch up

So I haven't felt very chatty lately. I think the meds I am on take away my urge to write. After all, one is a muscle relaxer, and the brain is a muscle...that is if the med can cross the brain barrier. The brain has a cool defense mechanism that keeps things out.

I have been having excruciating muscle spasms in the left piriformis muscle, which runs from the lumbar/sacral region to the head of the femur. Walking seems to aggravate it. Yesterday I had to stop twice walking off the beach, once to sit and the last to lie down once we reached the car. Very embarassing!!! I was hoping someone wouldn't walk up thinking I was croaking or something!!!! LOL.

I did some online research last night, and found a suggestion of lying on a tennis ball to deep massage the buttock. This led to searching the overgrown lawn by flashlight to no avail, but a small rubber ball was put to use with some effect.

The toughest part is taking it easy to allow the area to heal.

The garden is screaming for attention, but I have only been able to do the minimum as crouching and bending also aggravates the muscle spasms.

The nearest I can figure, the whole thing started with an injury;either when Linnea butted my knee so hard I thought she broke it, or one of the many tumbles I took on the ice and snow this winter.

I have a Doc appointment tomorrow-he is not going to be pleased as I cancelled the last physical therapy appointment for various reasons-hopefully I will be back to my former active self before summer flies by! :)

No comments: