Monday, June 9, 2008

Waterfalls and butterflies

I decided to saunter over to the dam this morning to update my border photo.

Tree


Walking back across the road, I saw the swallowtails were out. For some reason, every year at the end of the driveway, the Tiger swallowtails gather to sip minerals out of the damp earth. It is so magical to walk by and have a cloud of swallowtails take to the sky , fluttering. I took about a dozen pics trying to capture the effect-butterflies are difficult subjects!


Tree

Then I heard the fairies call. I decided to take a walk streamside.

2 comments:

Wood Mouse said...

I love your new banner picture, and the one of the butterflies. I know what you mean about butterflies being difficult to photograph, the little bug@@## will not stay still will they. It looks as though you have had a fantastic photographic tour of Maine today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!! :D

Tree