Friday, May 9, 2008

Uud and Uureka


Tree
This is one of my favorite does on the farm, old Uud, and her '07 doeling, "uureka". UUd was scheduled for slaughter last fall, but after having won best fleece in her division at Rhinebeck last fall, I dropped numerous hints to boss to save her.

Uud is showing her age, and I have had several moments when I questioned whether I was correct in standing her defense last fall, as goat herds can be brutal to the weak and old.

I think this photo taken today erases all doubt in my mind.

After I shot this pic I fished my banana out of the car and peeled a third of the peel off and handed it through the gate to UUd-one of her favorite treats. I needed the rest of the peel to keep my dirty fingers off the banana on the ride home. ;)


Happy Mother's day to all you mothers out there. :)




No comments: