Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Flooding

Flood of Yes Tree
Tree

So, we had some heavy rain, high winds, more heavy rain, an an ice glaze on the windshield at 7:30 am with the thermometer reading 38F. Talk about extreme weather!


We didn't lose power, but I had an early morning call from Boss that the road was blocked just above her (again) and I wouldn't make it through that way. I figured I could take a roundabout I used last year when the road was washed out, but when I rounded the corner to start the dirt road stretch, this end was blocked as well with a deep washout !

That meant the VERY long way around. Suprisingly, I was only three minutes late. I guess the tarred road the long ways drives faster. :D (said with a maine accent)


Another suprise, when I got to the other end of the farm road intersection, the major road north of there was blocked as well!!!! Yeah, we had a lot of rain.



No comments: